Original Lobby card set for Mr Canton & lady Rose – Jackie Chan & Anita Mui
- Excellent set of lobby cards
- In my mind one of Jackies greatest movies
- Contains 15 full size front of house cards
- Highly collectable set
- From the vaults of Golden Harvest
- never displayed
- In very good condition
- will ship worldwide tracked and signed
Miracles (Chinese: 奇蹟; pinyin: qí jī; Jyutping: kei zik) is a 1989 Hong Kong action comedy film directed and written by Jackie Chan, who also starred in the lead role and worked as stunt co-ordinator. The film is set in 1930s Hong Kong and is a variation of Frank Capra‘s Lady for a Day and Pocketful of Miracles, which in turn were based on “Madame La Gimp”, a short story by Damon Runyon. The movie was remade in Hindi as Singh Is Kinng with Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif. A similar subplot also appears in the 1973 Hindi film Loafer.
Miracles features many well-known Hong Kong actors, including Anita Mui and Wu Ma, and is considered one of Jackie Chan’s most sophisticated directorial efforts. Chan is an ardent fan of Hollywood musicals, and Miracles pays tribute to that genre. According to his autobiography, Chan stated that this was one of his favorite films he has made.
The film was released under several alternative titles in different territories, including:
- Mr. Canton and Lady Rose (Hong Kong English title)
- Black Dragon (USA)
- Miracles: The Canton Godfather (UK video title)
- The Canton Godfather (Australia)